Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I wasn't going to make any New Year's Resolutions, but then I read Alain de Botton's piece about them. I wasn't going to make any because I always break them, but then that's not the point, according to the article.
And yet we need resolutions - even if we don’t actually manage to carry them through or rather, precisely because we rarely manage to do so. Trying to lead a moral and a good life must mean regularly daring ourselves to be good.
So I thought, Oh go on then...

Here goes.
  1. I will take care of my spiritual needs.
  2. I will do something creative.
  3. I will do something to help others. (I already have two things in mind here, but the details are a bit hazy at the moment.)
  4. I will lose weight.

1 comment:

Pitch313 said...

My 2012 resolution for everyday living: When any doubt arises for any or no reason--use more and deeper magic!!!