(a bit like the Black Madonna)
- Expressions: faces of Jesus
- The Black Arts Movement (PBS)
- What does Jesus look like? (New Black Magazine)
- King of Peace: Jewish Jesus
- Jewish Jesus
- Jesus in Chinese Art
- Gay Jesus by Becki Jayne Harrelson
- Pierre et Gilles' Jésus d'Amour
- Pierre et Gilles' Jésus-Christ
- Gallery of images on JesusInLove.org
Well, obviously Jesus wasn't blond, or auburn-haired, but must have looked Jewish - "a brotha of colour" as the expressions website puts it. But there is a time-honoured tradition of portraying deities and holy people to look like oneself, so why not a Black Jesus? If you can have a white Jesus (and he obviously wasn't white), then why not a Black Jesus, a Chinese Jesus, a Queer Jesus, even a female Jesus?
I have a black Tammuz and Ishtar that I made years ago. I made them because Tammuz and Ishtar were brown-skinned, and to honour all people of colour.